iPhone5mod who has created the backplate for the iPhone 4 and 4S which resembles the similar leaked parts we’ve seen of the next-generation iPhone, has recieved a take down notice from Apple for “selling merchandise bearing counterfeit Apple trademark(s)“. Basically, it was another way of Apple saying ‘Hey, we’re taking you down cause you’re selling stuff that looks exactly like our unreleased product’. Come on, they made it way too obvious.
You have 48 hours to purchase one of these until they are gone for good via iPhone5mod. Customers who have previously ordered a backplate will recieve the ones they have ordered.
Below is the letter sent from Apple:
We are authorized to send notice and takedowns on behalf of Apple Inc. (“Apple”), the owner of the federally registered Apple logo trademark (among others) hereinafter referred to as the Apple Trademark(s).
We are writing to request your assistance with a website hosted by xxx INC that is violating Apple’s intellectual property rights.
The website, http://iphone5mod.com/, is offering for sale and selling merchandise bearing counterfeit Apple trademark(s). Such illegal use of Apple Trademark(s) is a violation of federal and State trademark laws.
Pursuant to xxx INC’s policies and the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), please note the following:
1. Signature of the undersigned is set forth below.
2. The website, http://iphone5mod.com, is offering for sale counterfeit Apple merchandise. The offer for sale and the sale of counterfeit merchandise is prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, 15 U.S.C. Ã‚Â§ 1114 et seq. and 18 U.S.C. Ã‚Â§ 2320.
3. xxx INC’s servers will be able to accurately locate the infringing content at:
4. This company’s physical address is:
Huaqiang Electron World Zhenzhong Road Futian, Shenzhen, Guangdong China
You may contact our office through email at email@example.com
5. and 6. I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that I am the Account Manager at OpSec Security Inc., the agent authorized to send notice and takedowns on behalf of Apple, the owner of certain intellectual property rights. I have a good faith belief that the website, http://iphone5mod.com/, offers items that are not authorized by Apple, its agent, or the law, and therefore infringe Apple’s rights.
The information in this notice is accurate. Please act expeditiously to have the infringing items removed from the website.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and we await a response from you or your counsel.
Do you think Apple took this down because they really cared about their precious logo? Let us know in the comments below!
For more updates you can follow iOSVlog on Twitter, Like on Facebook, or Add us to your circles on Google+